First Shift Maintenance
Email Resume To:
Equal Opportunity Employer
Al Clawson Disposal, Inc (ACDI), is service provider for solid waste and recycling in Central Texas since 1982. We are strongly committed to a foundation that builds community partnerships where we live and work.
Mission Statement: We are committed to providing safe, reliable, and environmentally sound waste solutions at cost effective rates while embracing new ideas to reduce our carbon footprint”. Safety is always valued at Al Clawson Disposal, Inc. our employees are properly trained to adhere to our safety standards for their protection, the protection of others, and to the protection of the environment.
Department: Operations 301 County Road 307 Jarrell, Texas 76537
Commercial Job Status: Full Time
Reports To: Maintenance Manager
Work Schedule: Typically, Monday through Friday (shifts vary by department / some after hour work required) (45+ Hours)
Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision, Uniforms, Paid Time Off (PTO), Retirement
To keep trucks and equipment on the road during the work day. Go out on service calls to repair trucks, so that all routes can be finished and trucks returned back to the shop.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Keep communications with drives to located breakdowns
- Promptly respond to breakdowns to get them repaired
- Perform large repairs in shop that take too long for other shifts
- Diagnose concerns not found by other shifts
- Perform tire repairs when time allows
- Clean area of shop before shift is over
- Receive parts that are delivered during the day
- Inform shop supervisor of parts or tools needed
- Inform shop supervisor of any breakdowns that need assistance
- Must possess valid Texas driver’s license
- Knowledge of electrical and mechanical systems on trucks
- Knowledge of repairs manuals and procedures on trucks
- Knowledge of maps and area where trucks are running
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Diagnostic skills
- Communication skills - verbal and written
- Listening skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Stress tolerance
- Work in all weather conditions
WORK ENVIRONMENT This position will include shop setting, vehicle time, landfill time, as well as office time for safety meetings.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the Company reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate.
Error: cannot render the form without at least one admin email address or a CRM email address.